31 October 2008

Disneyland Paris


So as you know, i'm on holiday with the kids now. Manon and I got to go to Disneyland on Tuesday! It was just an idea and when I asked her if she wanted to go, she was really excited. I told her to ask her mom, and I figured she would say "no, it's too expensive" or something similar. 2 seconds later she tells me that her mom said it was okay! So after looking at the weather, I decided the best day to go would be on Tuesday (and now looking back at the week, it's the only day that it DIDN'T rain). So her mom gave us some money and sent us on our way. Disneyland is exactly opposite where we live on the train line. We just had to hop on and ride for about an hour and it put us out right at the entrance. I was glad for that because I really despise driving here. Anyways, since all of the paris schools vacation at the same time, you can imagine how many people there were. It was insanely crowded. But we had an amazing time. Since I have been to the park in California, I thought it would be interesting to see how it compared and what differences and similarities there were.



- The setup of the actual park was actually identical to that of the California disneyland. All the different "lands" (fantasyland, frontierland, adventureland, etc) are laid out exactly the same. Since I had an annual pass for a year to the park in Cali, I pretty much knew my way around and could get Manon and I to where we wanted to go without much difficulty.

- The restaurants and shops are all the same as well. Granted, the food is a little bit different, but basically the same. That was nice because I knew where to go to eat that wouldn't be outrageously expensive.

- The Pirates of the Caribbean ride was a favorite of mine when my friends and I used to go. The california one was just recently updated to resemble the new movies, but the paris one is exactly the same as the california one before it was redone. Manon didn't really like it because it was slow. She was all for the fast rides. There aren't a whole lot of those at Disneyland, but we still had fun.


- The Indiana Jones ride was my absolute favorite in California so we went to find it in Paris and let's just say it was different. the one in cali is a "ride" while the one in paris is a "roller coaster." However, manon was too short so we couldn't ride it. I was a little disappointed, but oh well.


- We rode Big Thunder Mountain first which is a wooden roller coaster. The wait line was 70 minutes! It was awful. But Manon said it was worth it afterwards. I was about to go crazy because we had these annoying people behind us who were standing entirely too close to us, like way closer than necessary, and I wanted to scream. I "gently" nudged them with my purse, but to no avail... oh well. I survived and didn't let it get to me.
This is us standing in line. I think it must have been early on. We both look pretty happy. :)


- We decided to get a fast pass for the Buzz Lightyear ride, which turned out to be really good because the line was 80 minutes when we decided to go (we only had to wait about 10 with our passes). That ride was probably my favorite. For those that don't know, you sit in a little space ship with one other person and you have a "laser gun" and you shoot the targets. It keeps track of your points on your spaceship and it's a competition with the person next to you. I won. I was pretty excited. :)
So you can't really see much in this picture, but you get the idea. maybe.

I think Manon's favorite ride was Autopia. It's basically a go kart ride except there is a metal track that keeps the car going the right way. Manon was a little nervous at first and being quite cautious. And I was just nervous. :) She was not the best driver.


Then she just got crazy and was having a blast (note- this picture was taken without her knowledge, so she wasn't posing. This is a real candid shot. I love the look on her face!)


By the end we were both having quite a lot of fun! She was still horrible, but it was funny and great.


This is just a picture of Manon after lunch. She got a halloween hat with her kids meal and she was pretty stoked about it. She couldn't wait to wear it on halloween (which is today, and she didn't...). But still, it's a really cute picture!



Here's me in front of the castle.


And here is me by the Pirates Ship:


It was a long day, but it was so fun. Manon loved it and hasn't stopped talking about it. In her words "c'etait SUPER!"

2 comments:

McCracken said...

Manon is ADORABLE!!! Absolutely, postively adorable. That picture of her in the car is so funny, I almost laughed out loud. Looks like you girls had a great time!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, Joelle, Manon is absolutely darling!!! What a 'lil pea! I really laughed hard at some of the pictures of you two together... I can picture you "gently" nudging a french family with your purse. And I just realized my comment is very similar to "McCracken's".