12 September 2008

The Rest of Yesterday

I should have known that I was posting too early yesterday, as it wasn't even dinner time yet. The day wasn't over and now I have to post again because it just got more interesting!!!

so just real quick, here is what happened:

I was about to start cooking dinner when it started raining. no big deal. I was upstairs asking the kids to help me with something when out of nowhere it lightninged and thundered louder than i have ever heard in my life. we all screamed and then the lights went out. there was a horrific sound coming from downstairs that i found out later was an alarm. The girls were terrified and I didn't know what was going on. Luckily Julien was there and knew how to turn the alarm off. I didn't even know they had an alarm. He was also able to get the lights back on. After we all calmed down the girls came down to help me with dinner. About 20 minutes later the doorbell rang (the way it works here is there is a gate with a bell, and it rings to a phone in the house where you can see who is at the gate and talk to them). I couldn't tell who was there so i said "oui?" while trying to get one of the kids to talk to them. the person kept rambling in French and i could only say "un moment s'il vous plait." Julian came down and went outside and it was the police!!! They were coming in response to the alarm going off! I guess they had been telling me to open the gate, but i didn't understand that. So anyways, Julien handled that and the rest of the day went smoothly. :)

That's all...quite the day though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am loving the blog! Miss you like crazy. Your life sounds so great! Even the chaos of it all!! Love you much!

Anonymous said...

This is my favorite story hahahaha!

Things I think. said...

That reminds me of our babysittng experience. :)